By Elsa Polycarpe
This is the 21st climate conference that annually gathers every country willing to act for the environment climate. It is taking place in Paris-Le Bourget, from the November 30th to the December 11th.
- Francois Hollande greets the 150 Head of States that participate to the COP21
- Laurent Fabius, French Minister of Foreign Affairs was elected as the COP21 president and made a speech before the assembly: “In this opening day of the Conference, the success is not yet acquired but it is within reach. It is up to us all to show our responsibilities, so I will be able to pronounce the four expected words: the mission is accomplished.”
- Launch of the “Mission Innovation” project, that engages states to double their Research and Development budgets by 2020.
- Launch of the “Solar Alliance” initiative, a common solar platform that cooperates between solar-resource rich countries.
- Establishment of the “Carbon Price Panel” for carbon pricing at a global scale.